Speeding on highways for some people is sometimes inevitable; they can’t resist it. But if you ever find yourself in New Jersey with speeding or a parking ticket. Don’t worry! You can make use of the New Jersey court online ticket payment system to clear your charges.
New Jersey Municipal court took the initiative of improving customer experience and public access to information with the creation, design, and implementation of the Court’s first online payment and information center- at NJMCDirect official website.
The notion behind creating the self-help NJMCDirect portal was to provide citizens with a convenient and comfortable way to access their court information and provide an online payment system for clearance of parking or traffic tickets via the internet, regardless of where they are from.
What is the NJMCDirect web portal?
The traffic rules and regulations provided by the government of New Jersey are for the public’s safety. So, if any person violates them, the government has all the right to impose a ticket. It would be best to visit the courts to pay for the charges, but this can frustrate you because of the very long queues. Instead, you can visit the NJMCDirect portal to pay the fine. NJMCDirect Portal is one of the best online payment methods through which users can easily and comfortably pay for their fees. Besides, the website permits the public to use debit and credit cards for payment of fines.
There are a few things that you will require when paying NJ parking ticket charges online, but the most important one is the NJ Prefix code, which is your ticket to being free. The website usually provides you with this code. For those drivers who don’t know where the New Jersey Municipal court is or how to get to the court to pay for their ticket, NJMCDirect is their best option. Using the online system is the same as accepting that you’re guilty and paying for your guilt at the court.
Why is it important to pay for the traffic ticket?
Payment of your Ticket in NJ has an overall effect on your driving record as a driver, as its results lead to the accumulation of points. The points increase with an increase in violation of traffic laws. If they finally surpass a certain limit, you might lose your driving license. As a result, you won’t be able to drive your vehicles on the road.
Some drivers have taken defensive driving courses to reduce the accumulation of points and maintain a better driving record. Many insurance companies also provide defensive driving courses and have increased violations to teach people who violate them a lesson.
Important Features Associated with using of NJMCDirect Online.
- Safe and secure: The portal’s security is not questionable because it keeps all users’ privacy, and only employees of the New Jersey Court can access it. The website uses an innovative encryption system to secure your private data.
- Simple to use: Only the benefactors of the prolonged and time taking old payment methods suffered to get their traffic ticket paid. With the new system, you will experience simplicity like never. Adaptive:
- Adaptive: Try to imagine the experience you’d have to go through before paying for your ticket. Tough prepared for it, you will still need a week to achieve this. For this reason, why don’t you sit on your comfortable sofa and pay for your ticket online in just a few minutes?
- Customer service: The customer service agents are friendly, and you can call them freely for any inquiries.
To use the NJMCDirect online portal to pay for your ticket fine, you need certain important documents and information.
- A Traffic ticket number
- The license plate number of your car
- A valid credit or debit card for complete transactions via the NJMCDirect portal
- A fast and secure internet connection.
- A valid submission form
You should pay for all pending ticket fines on the date mentioned. Failure to do so will prompt the New Jersey Court to issue another warning. If not taken seriously by the offender, the person might face other adverse consequences on his/her driving record and create a serious crime, according to the court of law.
How to Pay NJMC Traffic Ticket Payment Online?
- Go to the official web page of NJMCDirect on your browser.
- Find the “Time Payment Order” or “Traffic Ticket Search” options on the landing page.
- Click on it to begin the payment procedure.
- Input the required information to include the Ticket Number, Ticket Prefix, Court ID, and License Plate Number. Then, click “the continue” button.
- Next, find two options; “Process NJMCDirect Ticket Payment” and “View NJMCDirect Ticket.”
- Select the option best suited for your situation.
- The Process NJMCDirect Ticket payment will begin the payment procedure, while the View NJMCDirect Ticket will show you the ticket.
- Pay for the ticket fine by using a debit or credit card.
What tickets can pay you online?
Tickets eligible for payment through the online portal must meet the following criteria:
- The traffic violation is payable.
- The ticket has no warrants issued for it.
- The ticket is in a “Time Payment Order.”
If you encounter any problem when executing payment for your ticket fine, immediately contact the NJMCDirect customer service team. You can always check for your payment details on the portal. However, you have only 90 days to access information on your transaction.
NJMCDirect Online website payment timings
The NJMCDirect portal is not operational 24/7. Therefore you can’t access this website whenever you like. You need to know and observe the website’s timings. You need to log in at specific official hours on the website.
Here are the Operational hours of the NJMCDirect Website.
- From 7:30 AM to 11:45 PM (Monday to Thursday)
- From 7:30 AM to 10:45 PM (Friday)
- From 7:30 AM to 3:45 PM (Saturday)
- From 00 PM to 11:45 PM (Sunday)
NJMCDirect Contact details?
Here are the contact details to get in touch with NJMCDirect if you have any queries.
- Mobile Number: 973 2854 4945
- Fax:973 284 4914
- Official Office Address: NJMC Public Safety Building,2nd Floor, 228 Chesnutt Street
- MJMC Office Hours: Monday to Friday from 8 AM to 4 PM.
What is a surcharge on a ticket?
A surcharge is a fine or penalty levied yearly to traffic rule violators who have accumulated excess points for traffic infringements or have court records of certain offenses such as driving while suspended or intoxicated. Surcharges are usually added to any court penalties and fines. The Surcharges in New Jersey are high. This is to encourage traffic offenders to pay for the tickets on time. You can make NJ surcharge payments here.
How to pay NJMCDirect surcharge?
- Open your browser and go to New Jersey Surcharge Violation System.
- Next, enter your driving license details, surcharge number, notice number, and installment Payment Plan number.
- Once you have entered the required details, provide the date you were born.
- Click the submit button to know the amount of surcharge you have to pay.
- Follow the instructions on the NJ surcharge website and print or save the receipt of the payment.
Can you pay for parking tickets online in New Jersey?
Yes, the Municipal Court of Westfield uses NJMCDirect because it’s a fast, secure, and convenient way to access information on traffic violations, court information, NJ system information, and online payment options to pay for parking tickets online.
How much is a seatbelt ticket in NJ?
New Jersey has a strict regulation on seatbelts usage; that’s why they have the best seatbelt usage in the nation with 94.5%, which is just above the national average of 90%. However, according to the survey, 39% of adults riding in rear seats rarely use seat belts. New Jersey seat belt law requires motorist or passenger driving or riding in New Jersey to always wear a seatbelt, failure to that the driver will incur a fine of $46.
How many points is a speeding ticket in NJ?
The number of points a driver gets for a speeding ticket in NJ depends on its speed.
- 1-14mph over the limit – 2 points
- 15-29 mph over the limit-4 points
- 30 mph and more–5 points
What is the NJ surcharge violation system?
New Jersey Surcharge Violation System is additional charges or penalties levied upon on drivers who have accumulated over 6 points on their license within 3 years of their last driving violation. Not only do these charges apply to drivers who break the law in NJ, but also to the drivers from the states.
How it works
The surcharge process will occur when you have accumulated 6 points in your license within 3 years of your last traffic rule violation. Once you have accumulated the 6 points, NJMVC will review your license and add a surcharge of $150. An additional surcharge of $25 is charged for every extra point levied against your license.
What happens when you cannot pay Surcharges?
You will be notified that you have unpaid surcharges if you cannot recognize the notice. The New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission will suspend your license. However, you can appeal the suspension of your license to delay or eliminate the suspension.